Crazy for Summer Readathon // Are There Even Words to Describe You?

Source
Okay, so I'm almost halfway through my list of goals and I'm pretty proud of myself. I also realize that I need to post my achievements in order to get cool little pics from the Crazy For Summer Readathon Hosts Tessa and Max. My goal is to try to read three books tomorrow. If only I would wake up early. I might be able to do it since I finished off I Was Here after midnight.

I hope everyone is having fun reading up a storm!

Progress

Books Started: Huntress by Malinda Lo
I Was Here by Gayle Forman


Nature is out of balance in the human world. The sun hasn't shone in years, and crops are failing. Worse yet, strange and hostile creatures have begun to appear. The people's survival hangs in the balance.

To solve the crisis, the oracle stones are cast, and Kaede and Taisin, two seventeen-year-old girls, are picked to go on a dangerous and unheard-of journey to Tanlili, the city of the Fairy Queen. Taisin is a sage, thrumming with magic, and Kaede is of the earth, without a speck of the otherworldly. And yet the two girls' destinies are drawn together during the mission. As members of their party succumb to unearthly attacks and fairy tricks, the two come to rely on each other and even begin to fall in love. But the Kingdom needs only one huntress to save it, and what it takes could tear Kaede and Taisin apart forever.

Cody and Meg were inseparable. Two peas in a pod. Until . . . they weren’t anymore.

When her best friend Meg drinks a bottle of industrial-strength cleaner alone in a motel room, Cody is understandably shocked and devastated. She and Meg shared everything—so how was there no warning? But when Cody travels to Meg’s college town to pack up the belongings left behind, she discovers that there’s a lot that Meg never told her. About her old roommates, the sort of people Cody never would have met in her dead-end small town in Washington. About Ben McAllister, the boy with a guitar and a sneer, who broke Meg’s heart. And about an encrypted computer file that Cody can’t open—until she does, and suddenly everything Cody thought she knew about her best friend’s death gets thrown into question.


Pages Read: 597
Total Pages Read: 1,241

Books Finished: Huntress by Malinda Lo

Achievements Completed: Library Lover
Rapid Reader



Daily Challenge: Twitter Book Summaries


The Dream Thieves by Maggie Stiefvater

Be careful what you dream about because a scary demon bird might come to life. #Runforyourlife

Huntress by Malida Lo

Blushing girls blush some more as they try to save the world and ward off their obvious attractions to one another #SageLife

The Coldest Girl in Coldtown by Holly Black

Let's just take the vampire with us. What's the worse thing that can happen? #BadDecisions #Vamplove 

What summary tweet would you put out for your latest read?

Comments

  1. I'm seriously impressed with how much you've read, it's awesome! I love your tweet for The Coldest Girl in Coldtown, I feel like a lot of characters really do fall into the #BadDecisions category lol
    Great job!

    Max @ Crazy for YA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most of them really. It's kind of what keeps me loving them because I know they'll learn from their mistakes.

      Delete
  2. Three books! I wish I can read that fast. :) I Was Here sounds like a great read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really good and tragic really. The only downside to me was the romance.

      Delete
  3. Congrats and keep up the good work (reading)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great summaries and I love your hashtag! "Are there enough words to describe you?"
    "NO THERE ISN'T!" Says every reader ever.
    Happy Reading :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rekha! I can say so much about my favorite characters and not so favorite too.

      Delete
  5. I gotta say that I am loving your Twitter description of Coldest Girl in Cold Town! lol :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

back to top