YA Books I'm Looking Forward to in 2016

Source

I've put down my last book for the year and that means I've been reflecting on the books I read in 2015 as well as the books that are coming out in 2016 that look amazing. I've been searching YA books of 2016 specifically and I've got a few on my list which I'll have to snatch up if it comes to the library (if it's really amazing I'll buy it). Here are those YA books I'm looking forward to in 2016: 


The Crown by Kiera Cass (Publication Date: May 3rd, 2016) - I kind of have to finish this story and she better end up with Erik. We will have a problem if she doesn't. 
The Forbidden Wish by Jessica Khoury (Publication Date: February 23rd, 2016) - Aladdin retelling? Yes, please. And the Jinn is a girl and Aladdin is the love interest!
After the Woods by Kim Savage (Publication Date: February 23rd, 2016) - Love the mystery of this and that the MC fought for her friend's life. 
The Impostor Queen by Sarah Fine (Publication Date: January 5th, 2016) - A perfect royal read with magic and everything.
The May Queen Murders by Sarah Jude (Publication Date: May 3rd, 2016) - Really that cover is what it entices me. It's gorgeous.
In Real Life by Jessica Love (Publication Date: March 1st, 2016) - I really love how they've never met before, but it looks like it'll be more about Hannah trying to figure out her feelings and going on an adventure.
Never Ever by Sara Saedi (Publication Date: June 21st, 2016) - Peter Pan retelling!
Flawed by Cecilia Ahern (Publication Date: April 5th, 2016) - Crazy dystopian society? Check.
The Year We Fell Apart by Emily Martin (Publication Date: January 26th, 2016) - Best friend relationship!


Heir to the Sky by Amanda Sun (Publication Date: April 26th, 2016) - Awesome concept and royal read. And that cover!
Please Don't Tell by Laura Tims (Publication Date: May 24th, 2016) - That cover and the blackmailing premise is pretty sweet.
A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas (Publication Date: May 3rd, 2016) - This is one of my most anticipated reads. I'm kind of dying inside to find out what happens.
Ever the Hunted by Erin Summerill (Publication Date: December 27th, 2016) - Badass main character with revenge on her mind.
The Raven King by Maggie Stiefvater (Publication Date: April 26th, 2016) - GANSEY!!!
100 Days of Cake by Shari Goldhagen (Publication Date: May 17th, 2016) - Cake and depression. The perfect mix.
The Way I Used to Be by Amber Smith (Publication Date: March 22nd, 2016) - This is going to make me sob I'm sure.
Up to This Pointe by Jennifer Longo (Publication Date: January 19th, 2016) - Completely weird setting which I'm totally into.
Look Both Ways by Alison Cherry (Publication Date: June 14th, 2016) - Sweet romance and cute cover.


Stone Field by Christy Lenzi (Publication Date: March 29th, 2016) - Really weird love story but that doesn't make me stop wanting to read it.
The Passion of Dolssa by Julie Berry (Publication Date: April 12th, 2016) - Yay, Julie Berry!
Wild Swans by Jessica Spotswood (Publication Date: May 1st, 2016) - Such betrayal and Jessica Spotswood.
Radio Silence by Alice Oseman (Publication Date: February 26th, 2016) - Secrets *jazz hands*
Asleep by Krystal Wade (Publication Date: February 16th, 2016) - An asylum and a Sleeping Beauty retelling.
Daughters of Ruin by K.D. Castner (Publication Date: April 5th, 2016) - Sisters at odds must come together to save their kingdom.
If I Was Your Girl by Meredith Russo (Publication Date: May 3rd, 2016) - A trans girl falling in love.
The Safest Lies by Megan Miranda (Publication Date: May 24th, 2016) - Paranoia to the extreme. I really want to see how everything turns out.
738 Days by Stacey Kade (Publication Date: June 7th, 2016) - Another crazy story but somehow it works for me.


Gilt Hollow by Lorie Langdon (Publication Date: September 27th, 2016) - A "villain" seeking redemption.
The Girl I Used to Be by April Henry (Publication Date: March 2016) - Murder mystery.
Die for You by Amy Fellner Dominy (Publication Date: Fall 2016) - Stalker alert!
The Things I Didn't Say by Kylie Fornasier (Publication Date: April 27th, 2016) - Selective Mutism love.
Some of the Parts by Hannah Barnaby (Publication Date: February 16th, 2016) - Oh, I'm going to cry with this one so much.
Remember to Forget by Ashley Royer (Publication Date: April 5th, 2016) - Another sad read. I like to torture myself.
Dreamers Often Lie by Jacqueline West (Publication Date: April 5th, 2016) - A Shakespeare retelling that hopefully ends well.
Three Truths and a Lie by Brent Hartinger (Publication Date: August 2nd, 2016) - I'm a sucker for a good mystery. I want to know which is the lie so bad!
Tell Me Three Things by Julie Buxbaum (Publication Date: April 15th, 2016) - I just want to hug this MC.


A Song to Take the World Apart by Zan Romanoff (Publication Date: September 13th, 2016) - Pretty awesome cover and cool powers.
The Way to Game the Walk of Shame by Jenn P. Nguyen (Publication Date: June 7th, 2016) - I want them to fall in love already.
Spark by Holly Schindler (Publication Date: May 17th, 2016 ) - I like the author and the theater setting.
Down with the Shine by Kate Karyus Quinn (Publication Date: April 26th, 2016 ) - Loving this idea and all the mayhem that granting wishes will cause.

What YA 2016 releases are you looking forward to?

Comments

  1. So many wonderful books to look for at the library! I have to go there soon, as I have had Inkspell out and it is overdue (I am listening to it on audio and I am almost done). I still have the Lunar Chronicles to read and I am hoping to get that series underway in 2016. I also have a lot of books I have borrowed from family and friends that I want to read and return. My nephew is giving me Eona (YA) to read this week and I read the first book Eon a couple weeks ago. So- lots of reading to do for sure! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yay! I really need to reread Inkspell and finish that series. The Lunar Chronicles... I am sad to say I haven't started the series yet but if I really love the first book the others are already out so really I made a smart decision.

      Delete
  2. I didn't even know about half of these! Thank you for sharing. I can't wait for The Raven King (Gansey :c) and now that you've shown me, Down with the Shine! Amazing post, Adriana!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I added Down with the Shine last minute so I'm glad I found it and put it on there for you. Yes, Gansey - the author is so cruel. Have you seen her tweets about him?

      Delete
  3. Ooh I want to read so many of these and others I hadn't even heard of, so that's fantastic for me. *grabs all the books*

    -Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of good stuff coming in 2016! After the Woods looks intriguing and like that cover a lot- and Court of Mist and Fury just has a neat title. LOL. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually preordered After the Woods since I liked the synopsis so much. A Court of Mist and Fury has me so excited. If you like that tile you'll probably like the first books - A Court of Thorns and Roses.

      Delete

Post a Comment

back to top