Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Books of 2016


Top Ten Tuesday is hosted @ The Broke and the Bookish

This Top Ten Tuesday is the last of the year. It's a look back at all I read and all the books I fell in love with this past year. I've read some incredible ones. I can't decide my top favorite book. Have you?



* Superpowers! Very well written and fantastically fun.



* I grew to care about all the girls and loved that they were just like the book they read, Little Women.



*Aah! Fan-fiction from another book come to life? Nothing but amazing.



* I love the artistry and hilarity that is this book.



* Finished this series! Win and D.J. are the best siblings. D.J. is me and also who I want to be.



* This is the only four star book I have on here and it beat out so many others for its writing, main character, and crazy mystery/suspense.



* This is where I really started struggling to see what books was going to be my favorite. The relationship in this is a dream. I'm just in love with everything about this story.



* Even with the weird moments toward the end, this is everything I could have ever wanted in a sequel.



*I reread one part at the end over and over (even to my dad) because it was the greatest thing ever! The writing is ridiculously good, the relationship, the texting.... everything!



 The family is what won me over. The relationship didn't happen until at least half way through. I read a Dessen book before and disliked it so much that this was a breath of fresh air. Gorgeous book inside and out.

What are your Top Ten Favorite books from this year?


Comments

  1. I am again constantly reminded how badly I must read a novel by Sarah J. Maas. Why I've taken so long, I'll never know! She's consistently on these kind of lists. :) Also, looking forward to reading Morgan's too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sarah J. Maas is a pretty new author for me. I read Throne of Glass a while back but started up the series again. I do feel like sometimes her MC gets a bit... I don't know overdone or the writing gets okay later on. I would recommend the series I have above. There's was only one slight thing I didn't like but everything else makes me happy.

      Morgan gets better and better with each book she writes!

      Delete
  2. I enjoyed Carry On much more than I had anticipated! :-) It looks like you've had a great reading year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoyed it more than Fangirl. No one ever mentions how sad that book was.
      I ha an awesome reading year :D

      Delete
  3. After the Woods is definitely one I want to read! And Carry On- I loved Fangirl but I've been not sure about this one. I should break down and just get it... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you loved Fangirl you have to go out and get it. You can always go to the library which is where I get 95% of my books.

      Delete
  4. Maas is one I've really been meaning to read and just keep forgetting. They sound amazing every time I see them on one of yalls blogs :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was the same way for a long time but I've gotten into her the past year and some of this year.

      Delete
  5. I got a signed copy of this Sarah Dessen but I haven't read it yet. I look forward to getting to it in 2017.
    http://runwright.netv

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's downright fantastic. You should read it first chance you get!

      Delete

Post a Comment

back to top